By Dave Pegg and Andy Wellman / Wolverine Publishing
2008 Rifle Clean Up Recap
This is what we did:
- Built a nice staircase trail from the Nappy Dugout up the hill to the climb PMS, then down the other side to the base of Kingfisher.
- Built stairs up the trail on the left side of the Proj- ect Wall.
- Built a retaining wall/platform to prevent erosion and ease access at the base of the Project Wall.
- Expanded the Project Wall parking area to 4 spaces.
- Repaired the damaged bridge to the Sno-Cone Wall.
- Cleared brush from the Upper Koper Trail.
- Replaced old, rusty, or poorly located bolts on many classic climbs.
- Cleaned up tons of trash.
- Hosted a packed house BBQ and raffle with over 140 people. Voluntary donations towards next year’s canyon improvements exceeded $500.