Outdoor Retailer Summer Marker 2013: Climbing Picks Day 2
The Climbing team is once again walking the halls of Outdoor Retailer, a biannual trade show in Salt Lake City that brings together thousands of people from all over the outdoor industry. Brands like La Sportiva, Black Diamond, Adidas, and many, many, many more show off their newest product that will be available next year. We get the first look, and we want to get you excited about it, too.
Here's what we liked on Day 2.
- A cool new line of lightweight, down sleeping bags, including the waterproof, 28-degree, 29-ounce Minimus. Plus, the ultra-light dry bag stuff sacks (shown) are shaped to pack better and double as a comfy pillow.
- A stuff-sack washing machine. The company says it's twice as effective as hand-washing, and just as effective as home-washing.
- A former Prana and Patagonia employee calls his new brand Ticla the "Prana of camping." Ticla makes luxe, fun car camping gear targeted to climbers and music fest-goers.
- Finally, a women's-specific Solution (a new last separates it from the men's)!
- Camalot X4 offset cams
- The versatile Condor: a trekking pole with retractable ice pick for steep glacier travel.