Be a Gear Tester!
Does the idea of testing shiny new gear before it hits the shelves get you excited? Do you like to talk your friends’ ears off about strength ratings, durability, and counting ounces? Do you climb as much as humanly possible? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, we have a kick-ass job for you. We're looking for intelligent and articulate people who share our fascination with new products and upcoming trends to help us test gear in 2013.
If you are selected, you will win two prizes. First, the knowledge that you are, in fact, awesome. Second, you’ll get to test brand-spankin’-new gear for the next year. Helmets, harnesses, cams, ropes, shoes, jackets, tents—if it’s used for climbing, you will probably get to test it.
We want you to apply if you:
- Love any type of climbing: bouldering, sport, trad, alpine, and ice.
- Enjoy writing and telling friends, family, and unassuming bus passengers about what you have experienced, seen, done.
- Think sacrificing your bedroom for a gear closet is totally normal. You can sleep in the bathtub, after all.
- Have a nerd-like fascination with products and what makes them work.
- Can meet deadlines and communicate in an organized and clear manner.
- Are outgoing, fun, and open.
- Know your way around a cam. Or a crashpad. Or bolts.
To apply, put your compelling pitch to us into video form (no longer than 3 minutes; a YouTube link, or similar, is requested) and send it to Julie Ellison (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 1, 2012. Also, send a writing sample: a 100-word, first person, blog-type entry that describes one of your favorite pieces of gear and why you think it’s so cool. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style count!