New and Notable: Edelrid Jul – 2010 Gear Guide
The Jul’s slightly asymmetrical body shape allows for two friction modes, both of which are highly sensitive, locking off the rope with the slightest flick of a the wrist.
- KEEPIN’ IT COOL
For those times where you have to lower your climber from the top of a 120-foot monster route, the Jul’s sleek, stainless-steel body dissipates heat rapidly, staying relatively cool — plus, the nylon coating insulates your hands from any heat that does accumulate.
- EXTRA STRENGTH
The clip-in loop has been pull tested to 7kN. Just a little extra peace of mind and perhaps an indicator that function and form are not mutually exclusive.
Rope diameters handled: 8.9-10.5mm
Certifications: UIAA, CE
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Rock Shoes
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Ropes
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Cams
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Helmets
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Harnesses