New and Notable: Petzl Elia – 2010 Gear Guide
- OH, MEGA!
Petzl’s patented OMEGA headband system is contoured in the back to rise up and over a ponytail. It’s also exceedingly comfortable and makes helmet on/off easy.
- EASY SLIDER
On the ELIA’s sides are quick clicking adjustment buttons, allowing for on-head, on-the-fly size tweaking, ensuring optimal fit.
- CLEAN COMFORT
Inside the lightweight, injection-molded ABS shell and the expanded polystyrene liner are a set of removable, leaf-shaped, soft foam pads for comfort. Peel ‘em out and wash ‘em after a dozen trips to the crag, rejuvenating that new-helmet smell.
Certifications: UIAA, CE
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Rock Shoes
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Ropes
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Cams
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Helmets
- 2012 Gear Guide: How to Buy – Harnesses