11-Year-Old Climbs 5.14 at the Red
On his 8a.nu scorecard, Cameron comments that God's Own Stone felt "slightly easier than Ultra Perm. It fit my size and strengths better." Dad Eric Hörst, well-known climber and author of numerous training and how-to books, reports that Cameron redpointed God's Own Stone his first try on Monday, with four attempts overall. Ultra Perm took seven tries.
Eric also reported that his other son, 9-year-old Jonathan, climbed his first 5.13a with Skinboat a day before Cameron's ascents.
This comes just two weeks after Brooke Raboutou's exceptional success on God's Own Stone, becoming the youngest female to climb 5.14.
Dates of ascents: April 2012
Source: Eric Hörst
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- A for Effort: Ondra Almost Flashes Realization (5.15a)
- Cody Roth Plugs Gear on Mainliner (5.14a/b)
- Ilgner Sends 40-Foot Roof in Tennessee