A6+ in the Fisher Towers?
News Link: A Spanish pair has climbed a new route on the northwest face of the Titan in Utah’s Fisher Towers and proposed the unprecedented grade of A6+ for the crux lead. David Palmada and Esther Ollé climbed Look Out! Danger in 11 pitches, with one pitch given A6+, three A5 pitches, and three A4+ pitches. They placed no expansion bolts at the belays. The pair based the ratings in part on their ascent last year of Intifada, on the Cottontail formation in the Fisher Towers, a route given A6 by first ascensionist Jim Beyer but said by those few that have repeated it to be A4+ or A5.
- French Score Two Major Alaskan Routes
- Traversi, Robinson Pull Off Memory is Parallax (V14)
- RRG's Muir Valley: Help Keep it Open
- Barbara Raudner: Sixth 5.14b with Fish Eye
- Monique Forestier Climbs Fish Eye (5.14b)