Barbara Raudner: Sixth 5.14b with Fish Eye
Fish Eye, established by Chris Sharma in 2009, has had a veritable send train this season, with seemingly back-to-back female ascents. That's not to lessen the impact, however—Fish Eye is 165 overhanging feet of sustained difficult climbing, with the first crux appearing at 90 feet. The 39-year-old Raudner said on her blog (translated), "the mood at the rock was totally inspiring. Soon I was able to solve the crux... and on Thursday I succeeded on this five-star route... So happy: Fish Eye, such an amazing endurance testpiece!"
This is Raudner's sixth 5.14b. Earlier this year, she climbed Full Equip, also at Oliana; see her full tick list here.
Date of ascent: March 29, 2012
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- A for Effort: Ondra Almost Flashes Realization (5.15a)