Big Sends in Euro Bouldering
Scotland’s Malcolm Smith has completed a link-up at MacLeod’s old stomping ground of Dumbarton Rock. The 25-meter problem, Gut Buster (V14), links Serum of Sisyphus (V12) to Sanction (V13). Though graded “only” V14, it’s now the hardest link-up at Dumbarton and “breaks new ground in Scottish bouldering,” according to Scottishclimbs.com.
American Paul Robinson, who has been climbing in Switzerland for a month, had a remarkable afternoon at Magic Wood last week. He completed New Base Line (V14) on his first try of the day, after working it a few days earlier, and then he just kept sending: Deep Throat (V13, second go) and Steppenwolf (V13, half an hour of work), followed by a V10, V12, and V11/12 problem, all in a total of three and a half hours.
Dates of Ascents: September 2008
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Freed from the Undertow (5.11+) on CO's Black Wall
- Barking Mad: RRG's Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada