Brits Climb Big New Route in St. Elias Range
News Link: Paul Schweizer and Simon Yates made the first ascent of the southwest spur of 15,600-foot Good Neighbor Peak in the St. Elias Range, on the Alaska-Yukon border. The British pair climbed the 8,000-foot buttress in five days, with another two days for the descent.
Date of Ascent: May 2009
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Freed from the Undertow (5.11+) on CO’s Black Wall
- Barking Mad: RRG’s Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada