Brits Climb Coveted Chang Himal North Face
News Link: Britons Nick Bullock and Andy Houseman have climbed the much-eyed north face of Chang Himal (a.k.a. Wedge Peak, 6,802 meters/22,316') in far eastern Nepal. The two men climbed the 1,800-meter face (ED+ M6) over four days, and then rappelled and downclimbed the wall in one more day.
Chang Himal had been climbed only once before, from the south in the mid-1970s.
Dates of Ascent: October 29-November 2, 2009
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Freed from the Undertow (5.11+) on CO's Black Wall
- Barking Mad: RRG's Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada