Caldiero Sips Buttermilks Ambrosia
News link: Isaac Caldiero has done the third ascent of the 45-foot highball/solo Ambrosia (V11) on the Grandpa Peabody boulder at Californias Buttermilks. Caldiero, 28, added a short direct start to the problem, which was first climbed by Kevin Jorgeson in early 2009 and repeated by Alex Honnold earlier this year. Caldiero bouldered the problem after inspecting it on top-rope.
Read the full story and see photos of Caldiero on the problem at the Bishop Bouldering Blog.
Date of Ascent: April 27, 2010
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- Honnold, Florine Poised to Break Nose Speed Record