Denali South Face Ski Attempt
News Link: Dan Corn and Kevin Mahoney attempted to ski the 8,000-foot south face of Denali this past spring. “Ultimately, we had our skis on for about 65 miles and 15,000 vertical feet…but we only skied 1,000 feet of the south face,” Mahoney wrote at his blog. Although icy conditions prevented them from getting very far on the route, they came back with superb photos and video. You can read more and see photos from the expedition at the Black Diamond Journal.
Date of Attempt: May 2009
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Freed from the Undertow (5.11+) on CO's Black Wall
- Barking Mad: RRG's Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada