Free This! 12-Pitch Mixed Wall in France
News Link: French climbers Philippe Batoux and Lionel Daudet have completed a new 12-pitch mixed rock and ice route on an overhanging 1,000-foot wall at Freyssinière. Climbed as a wintertime big wall over five days, Le Flocon de Koch went at 6a A2 M5 WI5+, leaving a futuristic target for mixed free climbers.
The new climb weaves up the steeper wall to the right of Sous L’Oeil des Choucas (300m, WI7 M9), which got its first free ascent in January.
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Freed from the Undertow (5.11+) on CO’s Black Wall
- Barking Mad: RRG’s Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada