German Woman Makes 8c Redpoint in Frankenjura
News link: Sarah Seeger has redpointed Steinbock (8c) and is the first woman to climb a route of this grade in the Frankenjura Germany's most famous, steep and tiny-pocketed limestone mecca. Steinbock is a Markus Bock route from 2008 and has been confirmed at the 8c grade by Iker Pou (who made the second ascent) and Adam Ondra.
Before this noteworthy ascent Seeger had climbed several routes almost as hard like: Ronin (8b+/8c), which is also in the Frankenjura, and King of the Bongo (8b+/8c) at Rottachberg, Germany. It is estimated that there are roughly only 16 women who have climbed routes 8c or harder.
Date of Ascent: October 3rd, 2009
- Nine Dead from Avalanche on Mont Blanc
- Barking Mad: RRG's Madness Cave in a Day
- Puigblanque Snags Second Ascent of Catxasa (5.15a)
- Pringle Makes FA of 5.14d in Nevada
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition