Hard Sends and Projects at Utah’s Wailing Wall
News Link: A crew of strong climbers based out of St. George, Utah, has been sending hard at the Wailing Wall. Daniel Woods got the first ascent of a Joe Kinder project called Unforgivable, redpointing the route on just his second try; Kinder soon made the second ascent. Woods called it 5.14b/c, but Kinder believes it’s 5.14c.
Meanwhile, Woods and Jon Cardwell both sent Schlachthaus Fünf (“Slaughterhouse Five”), a 5.14b/c first climbed by Andy Raether in 2005. With a broken hold in the crux, both thought the route might now be 5.14c.
Now the game is really on: The link-up of Unforgivable into Schlachthaus Fünf into is expected to be at least 9a (5.14d) and possibly much harder.
Dates of Ascents: March-April 2009
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- Honnold, Florine Poised to Break Nose Speed Record