Salathé Wall in 4:55
News Link: Alex Honnold and Sean Leary have climbed the Salathé Wall on Yosemite’s El Capitan in a record 4 hours and 55 minutes. After that, in the scorching heat, the pair ran up the Nose in 7 hours.
It’s reported that they planed to climb Half Dome next but were too exhausted.
Date of Ascent: June 24, 2009
See: www.elcapreport.com for more information on this ascent, other Yosemite news and photos by Tom Evans.
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- Honnold, Florine Poised to Break Nose Speed Record
- Honnold’s Biggest, Baddest Solo Yet