Jenny Lavarda: 5.14+ in Dolomites
News Link: The Italian climber Jenny Lavarda has repeated Solo per Vecchi Guerrieri, a 150-meter route in the Dolomites with pitches of 5.12d, 5.12c, 5.13d, and 5.14c/d. The super-technical face climb was first climbed in 2006.
Lavarda, 25, has been a past youth world champion and World Cup finalist in lead climbing and bouldering, and a world champion in competition ice climbing. She was the first Italian woman to climb 8c (5.14b). Lavarda worked on Solo per Vecchi Gurrieri for about two months with her boyfriend, Marco Ronchi, who redpointed the route the same day she did.
Date of Ascent: October 5, 2009
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- Honnold, Florine Poised to Break Nose Speed Record