Joe Kinder Climbs Kryptonite (5.14d)
Joe Kinder has redpointed Kryptonite (5.14d) at the Fortress of Solitude near Rifle, Colorado. This was the fifth ascent of the route, established by Tommy Caldwell in 1999. Dave Graham repeated the climb earlier this month.
Kinder had tried the route two winters ago for four or five days. This year he put about eight days of effort into redpointing the line, the second of this difficulty for the 28-year-old. In April, he completed the first ascent of Golden Direct (5.14d) at the Cathedral in southern Utah.
Date of Ascent: September 23, 2008
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- Honnold, Florine Poised to Break Nose Speed Record