Katharina Posch Climbs First 5.14b in Spain
On her 8a.nu scorecard, Posch said, "Nice route! The first part was really hard; the part after the jugs was nice and not that hard. Really happy now!"
Digital System was first climbed by Dani Andrada in December 2004. It has seen ascents by Ramón Julian Puigblanque, Magnus Midtbø, Tom Bolger, Adam Ondra (who onsighted the route), Cedric Lachat, and more. Posch likely made the first female ascent. A harder version, Fuck the System (5.14d), starts on Digital System and heads left to finish on Blomu (5.14c).
Posch is a well-known, and successful, World Cup competition climber. In 2011, she finished fifth in the lead climbing rankings, with four podium finishes in Slovenia, France, China, and Austria.
Date of ascent: April 7, 2012
- Climbing Launches iPad Edition
- The Nose Sees a New Female Speed Record
- Florine, Honnold Set New Nose Speed Record
- El Capitan Sees First All-Disabled Ascent
- A for Effort: Ondra Almost Flashes Realization (5.15a)