Sharma Sending Hard in China
News Link: Chris Sharma is making quick work of many of China’s hardest sport climbs during the final stop of an Asian tour that included Japan and Korea. Among the beautiful karst formations of Yangshuo, China, Sharma has onsighted several 5.14 routes, including one 5.14b. He also repeated a controversial chipped route, American Gangster (8c/5.14b), without the chipped hold, and has established his own 8c, Spicy Noodle. Sharma bolted a possible 9a+/5.15a, but rain has kept him from working steadily on the project.
Dates of Ascents: April 2009
- A for Effort: Ondra Almost Flashes Realization (5.15a)
- Ilgner Sends 40-Foot Roof in Tennessee
- Matilda Söderlund Continues Stride with 5.14b
- Two Huge Days in Eldorado
- MacLeod Repeats V15 in Magic Wood