Climbing festival in Kalymnos, Greece October 25 – 30, 2006
A climbing paradise, the Greek island of Kalymnos is part of the Dodecanese island chain in the Aegean Sea.
There are nearly 1000 routes rated from 4 to 8 (FR) on perfect limestone, featuring stalactites, colonettes, vertical slabs, roofs and fantastic caves. In only 5 years this island has become a must-visit climbing destination. More than 30 areas have been developed, offering a huge number of beautiful, well-bolted, moderate routes. Totally dedicated to sport climbing, the island of Kalymnos is welcoming this gathering with open arms.
From October 25th to the 30th, Petzl and the Kalymnos Tourism Office are organizing the Petzl RocTrip. More than 500 people from 18 countries came in 2004. This fall’s edition promises to be the major event of the season!
On schedule for this year: climbing, climbing and more climbing. Ultimate Routes especially developed for pro men and women, a Flash Contest open to everyone throughout the island, films, slideshows and more.
Schedule : - Wednesday, Oct. 25: check-in and unveiling of the new guidebook.
- Thursday, Oct. 26: open climbing, working the Ultimate Routes + an evening with Alex Huber / party
- Friday, Oct. 27: open climbing, working the Ultimate Routes + an evening with Lynn Hill / party
- Saturday, Oct. 28: Redpoint attempts of the Ultimate Routes (SIKATI sector, shuttle boat for everyone) + an evening with Chris Sharma / party
- Sunday, Oct. 29: Flash Contest (open to all 2-person climbing parties at all areas on the island) + Greek Party
- Monday, Oct. 30: last chance to redpoint the Ultimate Routes + Petzl Party
ContactsPress RelationsAnne Géry Tél. : 04 50 47 24 61 email : email@example.com
CommunicationStéphane Lozac’hmeur Tél. : 04 76 92 09 00 email : firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Kalymnos : www.kalymnos-isl.gr email@example.com tel : + 30 22 430 59 056 + 30 22 430 59 445