THE CLIMBING MAGAZINE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
The Climbing Magazine Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States (except Florida) and District of Columbia, who are 18 years or older. Employees, officers and directors of Skram Media, LLC ("Sponsor"), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible. Void in Florida and where prohibited by law.
1. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes coincides with each new issue of Climbing Magazine. The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on the first day of the first month of the issue date, and ends at or about 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of the month of the last month of the issue date. Go to climbing.local, which contains the official entry form. Complete the entry form and click on the "Submit" button, for receipt by 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of the month of the last month of the issue date. No other form of Internet/email entry will be accepted. Limit one entry per person. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple email and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions/failures; or for garbled, jumbled or corrupt transmissions; or for other technical error of any kind. Once submitted, entries become sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be selected in a random drawing held approximately 30 days after the last day of the competition. Drawing will consist of all eligible entries received and will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. By participating, entrant (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to these Official Rules and the judges' decisions. Winners will be notified by email approximately 30 days after the drawing. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute advertised prize with another prize of equal value should advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Limit one prize per family/household/email address. If a winner is a minor, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV")/ODDS:
The ARV of prizes will vary from competition to competition. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All taxes on prizes and expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize winners (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within 14 days of the date on documents. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if prize notification (for any prize) is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. By participating, entrant (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) releases and agrees to hold harmless Skram Media LLC, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons and/or property arising from acceptance, possession, use/misuse of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, where legal, winner (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) grants to Sponsor the right to use the winner's name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising/promotional purposes, and any and all rights to such use, without additional notice or additional consideration.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Sweepstakes or web site, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
6. WINNERS LIST: For names of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Skram Media, Climbing Magazine Online Comp - Marketing Dept., 180 Varick Street, Suite 1514, New York, NY 10116.
7. SPONSOR: Skram Media LLC, 180 Varick Street, #1514, New York, NY 10014.