Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Position: Digital Intern
Location: Boulder, CO
Climbing magazine is the premier magazine for all things climbing. For more than 45 years, we’ve delivered the skills, gear, and destinations to enable and inspire our readers to do more of what they love: climb! We’re looking for an intern to assist in the creation and maintenance of content on Climbing.com and our related social media channels. The ideal candidate is capable writer and editor with a strong familiarity with Web content and a real passion for climbing.
- Generate and write original articles for Climbing.com
- Cover breaking climbing news
- Find and post the latest climbing videos
- Upload content from our print edition to Climbing.com
- Promote content across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- A genuine passion for and experience with climbing and the outdoors
- Strong writing/editing skills and an adaptable voice
- Previous experience with a content management system (CMS)
- Basic photoshop skills (resizing, cropping, adding text)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Basic html a plus
- Excellent time management skills, including high-level multitasking
- Positive attitude
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and three relevant writing clips to Kevin Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Company
Active Interest Media is one of the world’s largest enthusiast media companies, publishing leading consumer magazines such as Yoga Journal, Backpacker, SKI, Skiing, Vegetarian Times, Yachts International, Sail, Power & Motoryacht, Black Belt, American Cowboy, Spin to Win Rodeo, Practical Horseman, Dressage Today, Log Home Living, Old House Journal, Country’s Best Cabins, and more. The company’s five divisions—the Equine Network, Home Group, Healthy Living Group, Marine Group, and Outdoor Group— reach more than 40 million people in 85 countries. We also operate websites, B2B businesses, a state-of-the-art video unit, and Warren Miller Entertainment, the most successful outdoor film production company in history. Each of our divisions also runs consumer and trade events, including the world’s largest boat shows and yoga conferences. Active Interest Media’s customers are smart, engaged, and loyal, and they look to our brands for trustworthy information and services that will inspire and enable them to enjoy their passions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre- employment reference check.