Packed with easy-to-digest carbs, these delicious, camp-stove-friendly burritos are the perfect crag lunch or pre-workout meal. Slice them into fourths or sixths to refuel throughout your climbing day without feeling stuffed and heavy for redpointing. Add eggs for a delicious breakfast burrito. Add tofu or grilled chicken for a delicious protein-rich recovery meal. The options are endless.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon chile powder
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Top with plain Greek yogurt for extra protein.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toss sweet potato cubes with 1/2 tablespoon oil, chile powder, and salt to taste.
- On a baking sheet, spread cubes in a single layer, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. (Note: If cooking on on a camp stove, sauté sweet potato in oil instead.)
- While the sweet potato bakes, sauté onion in remaining oil, and warm black beans.
- Assemble burritos each with a quarter of the roasted sweet potatoes, diced avocado, black beans, red onion, and spinach. Drizzle with lime juice and serve with optional Greek yogurt.
Nutrition (Per burrito):
Energy: 415 cal • Fat: 14.5g • Carbs: 60g • Protein: 12g • Fiber: 13.5g • Sodium: 500mg