Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The film premiers at 5 p.m. PST on August 27.
Climbing has always been more than just a sport. It’s provided a way of life and a makeshift family to misfits who share a calling. As the sport grapples with its growing popularity, the people who anchor its core and community have more responsibility than ever. This film tells the stories of five of these anchors, the Stone Locals who keep the soul of climbing and nurture it as the sport evolves.
- Directed by Mikey Schaefer and Cheyne Lempe
- Cinematography by Mikey Schaefer and Cheyne Lempe
- Edited by Cheyne Lempe and Juliet Ulibarri
- Produced by Patagonia Films
- Original score by Tyler Strickland